Baked Ravioli Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 medium mushrooms, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, or oregano
- 1-2 Jars of good quality tomato sauce
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion garlic, and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper; saute.. Add thyme and tomatoes. Bring tomato sauce (marinara) to boil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water just until they float to the top (pasta will continue to cook in oven). Drain pasta; return to pot.
- Toss sauce with pasta. Pour pasta into a large gratin dish or smaller individual baking dishes, and layer with cheese. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from here