J.Crew Styling Guide
1. Know your Basics: Every crew girl knows their basics, and you better believe they know how to cuff a standard button down and roll a hem.
2. Dabble in Juxtaposition: Think sweatpants and button downs or a dress and sneakers. Creating a look with an edge is all about balance!
3. Play with Color: Pops of color can be found everywhere in both the look book and in stores. Don't be afraid to play with bold hues, especially when worn in uncommon ways. Try adding a splash of red in your shoes or outwear.
4. Layered Perfection: Let's face it, fall and layers go hand-in-hand. Most looks are seen styled with more layers than most woman ever wear. If your able to master the button down, sweater, puffer vest combo then you truly know your stuff!
5. Sweater Weather: It's always sweater weather at the Crew! From cashmere to wool, the look book is always styled with an array of textured knit wear. This season the company is all about adding a silk scarf layer in the mix!
6. Sparkle: From career women and vineyard preps, women flock to J.Crew's jewelry selection. I can't blame em' either, they have more than likely contributed to the rise of statement jewelry and always give a nod to vintage baubles.
7. Minimal Makeup: At this point, the Jenna Lyons-inspired slicked-back ponytails are a staple of the company. The makeup tends to be fresh and dewy, with some models opting for a bold pout.
8. Tomboy Chic: J.Crew has a way of reinventing this style every season. It's no secret that the brand keeps menswear at the forefront of their woman's line (think: structure, texture, and steamline).They have a way of blending softness and structure to create the ultimate "tomboy chic" style.
9. The Stella: The chunky, must-have heel. The well-adorned, wide, and rounded footwear staple, gets introduced every season with different shades, cap toes, and fabrics, my favorite being the pony haired leopard! These pretty ladies are styled with everything from torn jeans to suits. If you didn't know, the heels are actually hand-crafted in Italy- talk about quality!
P.S Get 25% off at J.Crew using code: STYLETREATS