Natural Festival Beauty
This post was sponsored by Target.
When it comes to festival beauty, less is definitely more! In between sweltering heat and windstorms, heavy beauty routines do not stand a chance. When gearing up for Coachella, Bonnaroo, or any other festival destination, think twice before packing excessive makeup and skin-care products. In fact, I would suggest taking the natural approach when preparing your beauty bag this season. Invest in quality products that will be able to keep up with your playlist and pending weather conditions. Here is one of my go-to fuss-free natural festival beauty routines.
My number one tip: use sunscreen!
1. Let it be known that low SPFs included in foundations are not enough. Invest in a facial sunscreen that won't clog pores or produce a greasy residue. To apply, start with clean, dry skin. Apply a layer of sunscreen all over your face and hairline. If you’re exposing a part in your hair, also remember to apply to this area. There's nothing worse than a sunburnt scalp! Bare Republic is by far my favorite facial sunscreen. It applies more like a serum and is instantly absorbed into skin.
2. Since I’m not going to be applying eye shadow, I like to conceal and brighten my eyelids with Pixi’s Eye Bright. The product’s creamy, pink hue adds the perfect amount of pop to really awaken eyes. With this product, you'll have to work fast, as it does set up quite quickly.
3. Once my eyelids are primed, I like to line my eyes with Pixi's Silky Metallic Eyeliner. Here, I’m loosely lining the outer eyelids with a dusty pewter color. The hue pairs well with my eye color and gives off a rocker vibe that is perfect for the occasion. Once applied, smudge liner with a small domed eye shadow brush. After, apply a thin coat of mascara to further enhance the eyes.
4. To give my skin that desert glow, I apply bronzer to the cheekbones and around the hairline. This will give the illusion of a polished, tan complexion without dark foundation! Following this, apply a swipe of blush to the apples of your cheeks. I like to travel with a blush quad like e.l.f’s pallete. It’s compact and has four gorgeous shades available for light and dark complexions.
5. I’m totally on board with this season’s matte lip trend. To avoid sticky glosses and lipsticks that end up smudging or having to be touched up, go totally matte on the lips. I prefer to use a nude shade, but you can also opt for any color you’d like!
What are your festival beauty tips?
Find your style @targetstyle