Bow-Tied Nail Art Tutorial
This post is sponsored by Target
This season, I'm taking a break from the classic holiday colors and breaking the rules with these bowtied nails. I'm a girl who loves new, fresh ideas, especially when it comes to nail art. For years, I've followed beauty bloggers from Korea and Japan who have done incredible nail art, including bejeweling, matte polishes, and 3D styles.
During a little black Friday shopping, I spotted the new line of Essie polishes. I've been a big fan of the line for years and really loved the colors in the holiday assortment. After going back and forth between a few shades I finally settled on Haute Tub and Peak Show. I knew these shades would lend perfectly to a nail tutorial, after all the holidays don't have to mean just festive reds, greens, and blues. This tutorial brings out major shine and can be done using gel or regular polishes. Give this technique a try, and ring in the holidays with serious flair. I recreated this trend using a few of Essie's holiday nail lacquers.
BOWTIED NAIL ART:
1. Start with clean nails, completely removed of polish. Apply one layer of a strong base coat. I prefer Essie's Grow Stronger; the formula protects nails and creates a smooth canvas for polishes.
2. Pick your matte shade. I've opted for a pale pink, a seasonal shade from Essie's holiday color selection called Peak Show.
3. Apply two coats, allowing the first to dry before adding the second.
4. Once polish is dry, add one layer of matte polish. These formulas can be thick, so be careful to apply only a thin layer.
5. Using nail guides, apply the chevron sticker to the upper portion of the nail. Next, using your sparkle polish, Haute Tub, polish within the nail guide. I applied two coats to this area to create a high-shine look. (Alternatively, if you have a steady hand, you can also create this chevron design using a toothpick or nail-art brush.)
6. Once all nails receive the chevron design, apply a clear top coat to only the sparkle polish.
Would you like to gift these products to someone special? Great news: Target.com has free shipping and returns on all orders from now through 12/25. It is free standard shipping (three to five business days). These polishes also make great stocking stuffers! To get further holiday beauty inspiration check out the video below:
Find your style @TargetStyle